Do Testosterone Supplements Really Work? Read Reviews, Learn Benefits
How to increase testosterone levels naturally: the hormone everyone needs
Everyone knows that testosterone is a male sex hormone that is produced by the testes – the organs of the male reproductive system. But few people know that testosterone is also produced by the female body and has an equally important effect on it.
To summarize, it turns out that the presence of testosterone in the body is equally important for both men and women. This is due to the fact that this hormone is involved in the processes of hematopoiesis, and is also responsible for normal lipid metabolism, the distribution of body fat, bone strength and muscle elasticity.
Its role in creating mood and level of sexual desire is also important.
1) Why is it worth raising testosterone levels?
Table of Contents
Dangerous symptoms of testosterone deficiency
The main problem with the content of testosterone in the human body is that every year, starting from the end of puberty (adolescence), its natural production by the endocrine system is constantly decreasing. And if we take the peak of production at the age of 14-16 years for 100%, then by 30 years – no more than 70%, by 50 – no more than 50%.
There are also external factors that contribute not only to a decrease in testosterone but also to the termination of its production. These include environmental disturbances, harmful working conditions, including a sedentary lifestyle, an unbalanced diet, an unhealthy lifestyle, a low level of physical activity, stress.
In general, a lack of testosterone threatens the body, both male and female, with consequences such as:
- the fragility of bones;
- disruption of the bone marrow;
- reducing muscle mass and replacing it with body fat;
- distribution of fat on the thighs and abdomen, chest and upper back and arms;
- an increase in the volume of the mammary glands;
- lack of sexual desire;
- low-stress resistance;
- the development of depressive conditions.
With testosterone deficiency, there is constant weakness, drowsiness, lethargy, and loss of physical strength. All these symptoms significantly reduce the quality of life and require immediate correction, as they can cause profound destructive changes and dangerous diseases.
2) The main strategy is nutrition and lifestyle
Several ways to do without doctors: diet and lifestyle correction
Since most of the reasons for the decrease in testosterone are to blame, it is quite possible to make attempts to correct the level of the hormone, which will be crowned with success. In doing so, you need to pay attention to two factors: diet and lifestyle.
In order to help the body restore the process of testosterone production, it is necessary to revise the daily menu. Preference should be given to protein foods with fat content – fatty meats and fish, as well as monitor carbohydrate intake. It is necessary to completely eliminate the main enemies of testosterone – coffee, alcohol, and so-called energy drinks.
Physical activity level
Of course, it is impossible to completely change your lifestyle, since, in addition to your favorite activities – lying on the couch, there are also professional responsibilities. Therefore, it is worth adjusting the level of physical activity by adding sports activities to your life. It doesn’t have to be strength sports.
Do what you enjoy – running, jumping, yoga, fitness. If there is too much excess weight, it would be optimal to start with evening walks or Nordic walking.
3) Strategy – Diet, Vitamin D3, Exercise, Sleep Healthy, Avoid Chemicals in the Body, Healthy Sex, Cold Shower
Additional factors affecting testosterone levels
In addition to dietary and lifestyle changes, there are a number of factors that can also become allies in the fight to normalize testosterone in the body.
The most difficult moment, which can shock the supporters of healthy eating. In fact, trendy diets high in protein and low in fat and carbohydrates lead to lower testosterone levels. It is very important that eggs are present in the diet as a source of “healthy” cholesterol. At the same time, you can not give up carbohydrates, but their amount must be monitored.
This vitamin is produced naturally by exposure to sunlight. But not everyone is lucky to live in regions with a lot of sunny days a year. Therefore, it is allowed to take biological products that promote the production of this substance or contain its natural analog.
Lack of sleep is bad for the body anyway. But for testosterone activity, it is quite dangerous. It is necessary to devote not only time to sleep – at least 8 hours, but also a certain period. This is due to the fact that most of the hormones are produced by the body between 20:00 and 24:00. Therefore, you must go to bed no later than 22:00.
Chemical compounds and artificially synthesized substances
Most of the chemicals that enter the body through food, plastic, or poor-quality clothing can negatively affect testosterone levels. It is necessary to minimize contact with synthetic tissues, not to take drugs that contain synthesized substances, to give preference to those products in the diet, the origin, and composition of which is beyond doubt.
Sex is an integral part of human life. Giving up the joys of sexual release is a direct path to testosterone deficiency. Therefore, it is quite important to establish the natural rhythm of sexual contacts, their number, and the usefulness of stimulation of the genitals.
This is especially true for those who like to lie down in a hot bubble bath. Prolonged exposure to hot water leads to inhibition of the function of the sex glands. A cold shower helps to correct the situation. It significantly affects the processes of testosterone secretion.
4) Sample Diet
Testosterone Diet: Basic Nutrition Rules
There is really nothing complicated here. Adhering to the rules of maintaining the balance of proteins and fats, we do the following.
Things to forget about: muesli, cereals, and salads – leave this to the adherents of keto diets. They contain a large amount of even “right carbohydrates”, but absolutely useless testosterone.
Priority: bacon and eggs. Three slices and three eggs are enough. This is one of the best options.
Things to forget about: The same meal of sandwiches and hot dogs, pizza and other fast foods.
Priority: A mix of meat, lettuce, olives, avocados, and nuts. All this can be spiced up with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Get in the habit of eating such a salad at least for a week every day and the results will not belong in coming.
What to forget: There are no clear rules here if breakfast and lunch were complete “testosterone”. The only thing you should definitely give up is alcohol, as many people prefer to relax after a busy day.
What to give priority: so that you do not eat for dinner, get up from the table as soon as you understand that saturation is near. Don’t overeat and watch your portion sizes.
The right snacks
Things to forget about: sweets and fast food. They are not just harmful, but a real blow to the secretion of testosterone, as they serve as a source of carbohydrates and taste-improving chemicals.
Priority: dark chocolate, nuts, pumpkin seeds. These are sources of vitamin E – the best testosterone pills.
Biologicals for natural stimulation of testosterone secretion: a review of popular remedies
The natural way to increase testosterone and increase its secretion by the body is to take biologics – testosterone boosters. They are designed to help those who cannot use other means.
By such drugs include D-Bal, Testogen, Testofuel, Prime Male, Testomax. Today, they are the most popular means and occupy leading positions in terms of sales volume and the number of positive reviews.
D-Bal is a steroid without consequences
This multi-component biological product is sometimes referred to as a “legal steroid” for its active effect on muscle mass in the body. He contains:
- vitamin D3 – increases the quality indicators of muscle and bone tissue;
- magnesium – increases stress resistance;
- L-isoleucine – a substance that has a positive effect on the body’s endurance;
- extracts of Brazilian ginseng, Indian ginseng, creeping Tribulus – psychostimulants of the gonads, activating the production of testosterone;
- hyaluronic acid – for quick recovery of muscle fibers.
For the desired effect, which is noticeable after 30 days, take 3 capsules 40-45 minutes after physical activity.
The drug has a positive effect on libido, fat metabolism, muscle building, concentration, and nervous reactions. Unlike injections, it cannot cause overdose and associated side effects.
Topical questions about the drug
Is it suitable for professional athletes?
Yes, the drug passes doping control without any problems.
Are there any guarantees?
Yes, within 60 days you can return the drug and receive a refund.
Testogen – safe testosterone secretion
This biological product is popular due to its significant speed and complex positive effect on the body, as it significantly increases its tone and quality of life for the user.
Enriched with vitamins and minerals, it quickly removes the effects of testosterone deficiency and brings it back to normal. The composition includes:
- aspartic acid is a natural testosterone stimulant that increases its production by at least 45% in just 2-3 months;
- magnesium – normalizes nervous activity;
- vitamin D3 – refers to the hormone secretion catalysts;
- vitamin K – works together with D3, restores the elasticity and strength of the musculoskeletal system;
- vitamin B – immunomodulator, increases defenses and restores natural regeneration;
- extracts of nettle leaves, Korean ginseng, fenugreek – testosterone stimulants, energy sources and aphrodisiacs;
- zinc – a mineral necessary to normalize the function of the gonads;
- boron – eliminates the connection between estrogen and testosterone, which contributes to its replacement with female sex hormones.
4 tablets 20 minutes before the first meal within 2 months will help you forget about the problems associated with testosterone deficiency.
Topical questions about the drug
Is there a risk of overdose?
No, the stimulation of secretion occurs naturally.
What are the side effects?
The components of the preparation of natural origin do not cause adverse reactions.
Testofuel – the secret of oyster extract
In fact, this supplement contains many components for eliminating testosterone deficiency and correcting destructive changes in the body’s systems caused by its consequences:
- vitamin complex of their vitamins D3, K2, B6 – acting as stimulators of regeneration and elimination of disorders of the musculoskeletal system and its qualitative composition;
- magnesium is an essential element for restoring nervous regulation;
- zinc is a trace element for the health of the reproductive system, it is necessary for the full functioning of the gonads;
- aspartic acid is a stimulant of testosterone production, the speed of the drug depends on its amount;
- Asian red ginseng – plant extract acts as a tonic on the body and restores sexual desire;
- fenugreek seeds – a natural source of energy;
- Oyster extract is a natural aphrodisiac and a stimulant of hormonal regulation.
Take 4 capsules daily for 60 days. A prophylactic course is also possible after a two-week break.
What is the effect of the drug?
The drug not only restores testosterone levels but also has a beneficial effect on the reproductive system, sexual activity and physical endurance.
Do I need to take extra vitamins?
No, the vitamin complex of the drug is sufficient for daily consumption.
Prime Male – for mature men
The components of the drug are selected in such a way as to restore testosterone production in adulthood and old age and raise its level, corresponding to young people. This prevents not only premature aging but also a violation of the structure and strength of bones, a decrease in sexual appetite and nervous regulation. The composition includes:
- vitamins D3, K2, B6 – stimulants of androgenic activity;
- zinc – a trace element involved in the work of the gonads;
- boron – helps to increase the level of free testosterone;
- D-aspartic acid calcium chelate – an activator of testosterone synthesis;
- Asian red ginseng – an aphrodisiac and a means of restoring potency in Ayurveda (oriental medicine);
- luteolin – an estrogen inhibitor;
- Mucuna pungent – an effective remedy for reducing cortisol, a stress hormone that can destroy testosterone;
- nettle – necessary to increase the level of free testosterone;
- Bioperine is a catalyst for all components and the absorption of the drug.
How does the drug work on testosterone levels?
Taking the drug provides an increase in the secretion of the male sex hormone up to 29% in 60 days.
How should you take the drug?
It is necessary to take it 4 times a day, 1 tablet.
Testomax – complex against testosterone deficiency
The maximum content of aspartic acid provides this drug with a maximum speed of action, the effect from the first days, and significant popularity. Its intake affects the reduction of recovery time after physical activity and significant exertion, and also increases the tolerance to exercise with significant weight, helps to build muscle mass and reduce the amount of body fat.
The drug contains the following components:
- D-aspartic acid (1500 mg) – testosterone secretion stimulant;
- Ashwagandha extract (red ginseng) – a natural tonic and energetic for the body, restoring libido and the function of the reproductive system;
- Leuze extract – contains alkaloids that increase performance and endurance;
- fenugreek extract – a source of energy for cellular metabolism and the work of body organs;
- Damiana extract – an aphrodisiac to increase libido;
- extract of maca Peruvian – psychostimulant of testosterone secretion.
Also, the drug contains zinc, magnesium, and a vitamin complex to increase the body’s defenses, restore the normal functioning of the gonads and nervous regulation of the body.
The daily dose is 6 tablets, which must be evenly distributed.
The most common question
What is the course of taking the drug?
The course of admission is at least 60 days.
What is the speed of the drug based on?
Increased to 1500 mg aspartic acid content.
6) A set of exercises
How to increase testosterone levels using special techniques
Physical activity in the form of strength training can significantly affect testosterone production. This is due to the fact that power loads contribute to the destruction of adipose tissue, which is the source of estrogenic activity. At the same time, some types of exercise do increase the secretion of free testosterone.
This primarily applies to weight lifting. For successful training:
- use complex simulators;
- do not neglect heavyweight;
- do not overdo it – the maximum return should be on the last set.
Important: do not bring the body to complete exhaustion, take breaks between workouts.
The optimal regimen is 3 workouts per week. Also try walking, cycling or hiking instead of passive relaxation.
7) Basic Questions – Sex, Sleep, Tips
Top 5 questions about increasing testosterone
How much sleep do you need for testosterone to be normal?
At least 8 hours, and it is also important to go to bed – no later than 22:00.
Is sex important for testosterone levels?
Yes, without full stimulation of the genitals, normal testosterone secretion is impossible.
Why is it important to take biologics testosterone boosters?
Because it is sometimes difficult for a modern person to follow all the recommendations and completely abandon their professional duties.
If I can’t endure strength loads, I have no chance to raise testosterone?
For natural testosterone production, it is enough to increase physical activity. It can be any kind of sports, as well as walking and cycling.
Should I take testosterone boosters all the time?
No, each drug has its own course.
8) Conclusions – an integrated approach and correctly selected dietary supplements help to simplify the task of increasing testosterone
Increasing testosterone: an integrated approach is key to excellent results
If drowsiness, depression, loss of strength, and lack of libido have become constant companions – these are one of the constant signs of a decrease in testosterone activity in the body.
But this is not a reason to let the situation take its course, since this hormone can be returned to normal by simple methods, following which you can soon feel a surge of strength and energy.
To do this, it is enough to reconsider the diet and lifestyle. If any of this is not currently available, then testosterone booster supplements will quickly and without side effects help solve the problem. At the same time, if it is still possible to act in a complex manner, then positive changes will come much faster!
Dr. James C. McCool is an urologist in Texas, USA, and is affiliated with the hospital in the area